Any Government Jobs For Video?
Question: I would just like to know if there are any jobs federal/state that hires Video Production majors?
Get yourself registered. I’ve looked at the listings, and there are some video projects. The size ($ amount) of the project determines if they have to list it for bids. Otherwise, the office just picks a service provider.
The first rule is that neither companies nor governments hire people. PEOPLE hire people. Period. So if you want to get government contract work, you need to meet the people IN government who have the authority to hire you.
Like all business, it’s all about personal relationships. When one producer trusts you, they recommend you to others.
Expect some agony when you know you can do a great job on a particular subject – but the rules say they have to put it out for open bid and some knucklehead bids foolishly low not understanding little things like margins, overhead and a sustainable business model.
- Bid for Paying Video Jobs with This New Site
- Steve Jobs is a Genius! Finally a Pocket FCP Machine!
- Making Money: Equipment or Talent?
- Law and Video Podcast
- I Want To Start A Video Production Business But…
- Two Ways to Track Video Downloads
- Internet vs TV: IBM Shocked Over These Results
- Top Schools For Film Production?