Forget Zacuto Rigs: 4 Clever Uses for a Tripod
Ryan asks: I’m on a budget and can’t afford the much wanted Zacuto rig for my DSLR camera. What alternatives would you recommend to do a half decent job where the viewer will have a different experience and I would have more comfort shooting?
Answer: An alternative to Zacuto: Your tripod. Alex Sican produced a great video series entitled “Clever uses of a tripod”. The tutorials’ aim is to show you how to utilize your tripod in clever, unorthodox ways. The methods promoted in these videos work excellently with video DSLRs because the cameras are light and easy to maneuver and carry when on a tripod. For the first week, Alex prepared a tutorial showing how to use your tripod like a Zacuto rig the following weeks he shows even more techniques.
Just click the links below to start watching. Enjoy!
- 5 Tips For Surviving On A Shoot Without A Tripod
- Handgrip Rig for iPhone 3Gs Video
- Bottom-loading Camcorder Tripod Mounts
- How to use a monopod
- Tech Tip Tuesday: 10 important things to know about your tripod
- Three legs are better than one
- 7 Super Cheap LED Video Light Alternatives
- Tech Tip Tuesday: Viewfinder zebra display