Damon asks: How do you create compelling video within a 5 second timeframe? I can’t imagine editing video into something that short let alone tell a meaningful story. It would drive me nuts. Can you give some examples to get me in the mindset?
Answer: 5 seconds is now called the unskippable video in a sense that it happens so fast there is no time to click. The viewer never had a chance to skip or click away. So you literally have 5 seconds to create something that will get your message across, be remembered and have the user take action. How is this done?
- Go big
- Go fast
- Grab hold and don’t let go
- Take the time to tell your story
Be a Smarter Video MakerWant more tips, tools and techniques? Sign up for our weekly newsletter. We search the web for anything that will interest the media professional. Take a look at what we find.
- Grab Viewer’s Attention Right Now
- The Formula for Compelling Video
- Using This One Technique in Your Videos Will Instantly Capture and Keep Your Audience’s Attention
- Congratulations! We’re Now Creating Video for Goldfish: Mastering the Art of the 6 Second Video Ad
- 5 Apple Marketing Techniques For Video Businesses
- An In-Depth Look at What Equipment is Needed to Be a TV News Stringer
- 6 Body Positions That Will Take The Place of Your Tripod
- What You Can Learn about Video Editing from ‘Stranger Things’