Comment regarding your April 30th show: One of your listeners asked about switching FCP projects between versions. You mentioned exporting an avi among other things. The most efficient way to go from a later version to an earlier version of FCP is XML export. You must export using XML version 1 for compatibility with all versions of FCP. Open the XML file in FCP and you will be asked if you want to create a new project. There may be some effects or transitions that are not loaded in your second system, but for the most part your project will be complete and you can work with as you would with any other.
DV Show Listener
- Truckload of Free Video Editing Software
- Collection of 182 FCPX Effects Tutorials
- What You Can Learn about Video Editing from ‘Stranger Things’
- 20+ Rogue Plugins and Tools for Final Cut Pro X
- Vertical Videos Get More Views
- Email Large Video Files with These Services
- Use this Color Grading Plugin for FCPX: Color Finale Pro – is it Worth $99?
- Video Business Website Review #2