Summer is a time for vacations! and what is a vacation without some great footage to bring home and edit. Here are a few tips to protect your video gear when passing through airport x-rays:
– Carry-on valuable recordings and submit them for hand inspection at security checks.
– Allow yourself some extra time in the event there is any question.
– Carry along a sample tape that can be put through the normal inspection, if necessary.
– Avoid mailing magnetic tape through the United States Postal Service, or the like, unless it can be arranged for these mailings to be exempted from being x-rayed.
– If it is unavoidable for your tape to be subjected to x-ray security, try to avoid multiple passes.
– If possible, make a back-up copy before you embark on your travels.
- Tips for Shooting the 2017 Eclipse
- Why The Elite Never Sign a Work-for-Hire Contract
- Talent Freezing In Front of Camera? Here’s What to Do:
- Video Storage on Google Drive is Changing
- The Videographer Service Agreement
- Tilt Shift Video Production is Just Cool
- Freebie Friday: Business & Legal Forms
- 6 Body Positions That Will Take The Place of Your Tripod