Protect Your Gear from Airport X-rays
Summer is a time for vacations! and what is a vacation without some great footage to bring home and edit. Here are a few tips to protect your video gear when passing through airport x-rays:
- Carry-on valuable recordings and submit them for hand inspection at security checks.
- Allow yourself some extra time in the event there is any question.
- Carry along a sample tape that can be put through the normal inspection, if necessary.
- Avoid mailing magnetic tape through the United States Postal Service, or the like, unless it can be arranged for these mailings to be exempted from being x-rayed.
- If it is unavoidable for your tape to be subjected to x-ray security, try to avoid multiple passes.
- If possible, make a back-up copy before you embark on your travels.