Tips on using external microphones
Question: Can you give me some advice on using an external microphone for weddings, musicians and presentations with a camcorder? what are some technical issues to be concerned about?
Answer: Just as the cost of microphones and recording equipment has greatly reduced over recent years, so has the cost of entry to the video and editing world.
When you first use your video camcorder the novelty of being able to show your moving pictures and sound to family and friends is sufficient to hide the poor sound quality of the built in microphones. If you intend to show your programs to a more discerning audience you will have to address these shortcomings….
- Video production from a cell phone
- World’s First Disposable Camcorder
- Vista Tip: Movie Making Tips for Vista’s New Movie Maker
- Twelve Helpful Tips for Shooting Great Video
- Tips for Shooting Video This Holiday
- Ten Helpful Tips for Recording Great Audio
- Balance Audio Levels With "The Levelator"
- Listener tips: Video for Beginners