James asks: I’m a college student with lots of time and new video equipment on my hands. I heard you mention a few podcasts back that video professionals have an advantage when companies ask for videos of their products. Are there any competitions that you know of as of this year? I would love to keep my skills sharp and possibly win some cash in the meantime!
Answer: Great that you’re getting out there James. Keep your skills sharp. Great strategy!
As of today, the website called Online Video Contests is the #1 Video Contest aggregation site to find updated video contests of all kinds. They’re the resource for filmmakers, directors, animators, and amateur video enthusiasts to easily find (and win) video contests.
Here are a few you can entire right now:
- Video Business Website Review #2
- The DV Show’s Smartphone App
- Seperate Yourself From Other Videography Businesses
- Handling the “I Can Produce a Video Myself” Objection
- Buy the Equipment and They Will Come Syndrome
- Is 4K Video Editing Ready for the Cloud?
- Ten Ways for Churches to Use Video Right Now
- Find Video Production Jobs Right Now