Whopper List of Every Screencasting Tool on the Planet
What you capture from your screen can be used for describing software projects, reporting bugs, and explaining interactions. Just as a screenshot is a picture of a user’s screen now you can record a movie of what a user sees on his monitor. And if a picture is worth a thousand words, a movie is worth a thousand pictures.
Creating a video or still of your screen also helps software developers show off their work. It is a useful skill for ordinary software users as well, to help report bugs (the movie takes the place of potentially unclear written explanations) or to show others how a given task is accomplished in a specific software environment.
It is easy to record your desktop computer activity with narration and share it as a video or photo. Here is a huge list of all the free or low cost software available:
- Ripping DVD stills
- Capture QuickTime Video Frames with Quick Look
- The Solution To Ripping Stills From A DVD
- Mac Screencasting Solution from Techsmith
- New features in Vista’s Movie Maker
- Tech Tip Tuesday: Image capture in windows media player
- Firefox’s New Screen Capture Utility
- Tips for Using YouTube As A Marketing Tool